Computer System Requirements: If you can watch YouTube videos, you can attend this webinar online. You have a computer with a web browser and a broadband connection of 320 mb/sec upload speed or higher. To engage in the question-and-answer period, your computer must have sound capabilities (microphone and speakers or headset).
System Requirements: Windows XP (PC) or Mac OSX 10.5 or higher, and browsers version Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 3, Safari 4, and Chrome 11 or higher. A free download of software is required to participate in webinars; installation is automated at the start of the webinar, when you log in.
Note: Login information will be emailed to the registered student at the time of registration, and 2 hours prior to the event.
Taking to the web to connect with all of you! Our mission is to be able to teach you, talk to you, work with you, from the comfort of your own home.
This experience is meant to enlighten, transform, and build relationships between Carmel and her clients. Live Webinars allow you to connect, mind, body, and spirit, with a like-minded students, and teachers no matter where you like to learn.
Every Live Webinar consists of:
- Live, interactive forum
- Q&A with Carmel
- Chat platform with other students or clients
- What do I receive when I sign up for a webinar?
Our Webinars are live events online that typically last 1-2 hours, depending on the event being hosted. All classes with have chat platforms for the entire class, and you will be able to ask Carmel questions during the session. During private events, IE: Sunday with Spirit, Readings, etc, Carmel will have direct conversation with particular clients, or the client
- What are the system requirements for webinars?
Computer System Requirements: If you have a computer with a broadband connection, web browser, and sound capabilities (microphone and speakers or headset), you will be able to participate and engage in the question-and-answer period. If you can watch YouTube videos, you can attend the webinar. Minimum System Requirements: Windows XP (PC) or Mac OSX 10.5 or higher, and browsers version Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 3, Safari 4, and Chrome 11 or higher.
- When will my password be emailed to me?
Passwords and other login information for webinars are provided at the time of registration. You’ll be registering directly on the WebEx website, and WebEx will send you an email confirmation post registration. You will be emailed 2 days prior to the live event, and again 2 hours prior as a reminder.
- Can I download a copy of the Web Class, or Event?
We will not currently be recording the classes or events, for people to download post class/event. This is something that will follow in the future.
- What if I have additional questions?
Please ask us any questions that you might have. This is new to us, so your feedback is very important to us. Email us at email@example.com
Options for Assistance during the Webinar
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (We will NOT have phone support for the webinar)
- In the Webex webinar system, send a chat message to the Host using the Chat Panel.
- For assistance during the webinar, you may also call Webex directly at 1-866-229-3239
Required Setup for the Webinar:
- To View Webinar: You must have a computer with a broadband connection (0.32 mbps minimum speed; check your connection speed at http://www.speedtest.net/), web browser, and sound capabilities to view this webinar.
- To Participate in Q&A: To participate in the question-and-answer period, you will also need a microphone (either a mic built in to your computer or as part of a headset). A headset with microphone is recommended for the best audio experience.CONTROL (Ctrl) KEY: If you are on a PC and not using a headset, during Q&A you may need to hold down the “Ctrl” key on your computer in order to activate your microphone and ask a question. Holding down the Ctrl key mutes your speakers, so after you ask a question, please let go of the Ctrl key so that you can hear the response. Please allow time for the Webex system to transmit the audio.
Procedures for Logging In and During Webinar:
- Before logging in, close any applications (such as skype or other video applications) that may be using your webcam.
- If using a headset (recommended for the best audio experience), make sure your headset is plugged into your computer before logging into the Webex session.
- Follow the above instructions “To join the online event.”
- When you first log into the webinar, you will be asked to join the Integrated VoIP session in progress. Click “Yes.” If someone is speaking at that moment, the audio will then come through either your headphones or speakers automatically. You will also see a panel to adjust your speaker and mic volume levels (you can move this floating panel out of the way of the presentation window).
- All participants’ microphones will be on mute when you enter the webinar and during the presentation; only during Q&A will microphones be turned for participants. To ask a question, click the “Raise Hand” button to be granted microphone privileges one by one. To request a mic you must click the “Raise Hand” button on the Participants Panel at the time of Q&A, or type a request into the Q&A Panel.
- CONTROL (Ctrl) KEY: If you are on a PC and not using a headset, during Q&A you may need to hold down the “Ctrl” key on your computer in order to activate your microphone and ask a question. Holding down the Ctrl key mutes your speakers, so after you ask a question, please remember to let go of the Ctrl key so that you can hear the response. Please allow time for the Webex system to transmit the audio.
- You can adjust your audio levels in Webex under the menu Communicate > Integrated VoIP > Volume.
- VIDEO: If the Video Panel is not visible upon logging in, click the small Down Arrow to the right of the Q&A button near the upper right of your Webex Event Center window. (If you are on a Mac, instead of a Down Arrow you must use the Gear Icon in the lower right of the Webex window.) Then select Manage Panels and add the Video Panel.
- Q&A: The Q&A panel will appear and be monitored for text questions during the Q&A period. The host (Carmel) is the only person that can view this panel. Please direct all questions or concerns to the chat for all students/clients to view and participate in.
- Chat: Using the Chat Panel, you will have the ability to make general comments during the webinar and/or chat with other participants. All technical questions via the Chat Panel should be directed to the Host.
- Please select “All Participants” from the Chat Panel dropdown menu when you want your chat message to go to everyone. This maintains interactive communication with the entire class/group.
How to Install Webex Event Center Software (in advance of the webinar event)
- Browse to the Open Center’s Webex homepage at: http://opencenter.webex.com/
- From the left side menu, under Set Up, click Event Manager. (If you do not see the Event Manager option, click the triangle next to Set Up so that it opens to display its options.)
- On the Set Up Webex Event Manager page, click the Set Up button. The WebEx software will install automatically. Follow instructions on screen. On Windows, you may need to install the ActiveX Control. The installation process make take several minutes.
- Once Setup is complete, click the OK button to return to the Open Center Webex homepage.